Book and internet resources
Dr. Leslie Korn, an expert in integrative medicine and nutrition, has shared information to help support our immune systems during the pandemic here (applies to non-pandemic times as well).
The Wellness Society has assembled a Coronavirus Anxiety Workbook. They have generously made it available to anyone who finds it helpful.
Headspace, is a wonderful mindfulness meditation app.
Ten Percent Happier is another great site.
Insight Timer is an app you might find helpful. There are many, many guided meditations offered free to users through the app.
If you find yoga helpful to maintain your wellness and help you navigate feelings of anxiety or uncertainty try the Do Yoga With Me website. They offer many yoga sessions free of charge.
Want some help focusing on anything BUT the coronavirus? Take a look at what Mind Springs Health created to help you “multiply your happy“.
If you’re looking for a book or video to support the process of change. Here are some of our favorite resources. Check back as we’re adding to this list all the time.
- Attached: The New Science of Adult Attachment and How it Can Help you Find and Keep Love. Amir Levine, MD and Rachel Heller, MA, 2012.
- Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents: How to Heal from Distant, Rejecting or Self-Involved Parents. Lindsay Gibson. 2015.
- Eat to Beat Depression and Anxiety. Nourish Your Way to Better Mental Health in Six Weeks. Drew Ramsey, MD. 2021.
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent and Lead. Brene Brown, PhD, LMSW, 2015.
- Buddha’s Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love and Wisdom. Rick Hanson, PhD with Richard Mendius, MD, 2009.
- Designing Your Life: How to Build a Well-Lived, Joyful Life. Bill Burnett & Dave Evans, 2016.
- Learned Optimism: How to Change Your Mind and Your Life. Martin Seligman, PhD, 2006.
- Authentic Happiness: Using the New Positive Psychology to Realize Your Potential for Lasting Fulfillment. Martin Seligman, PhD, 2002.
- Things Might Go Terribly, Horribly Wrong: A Guide to Life Liberated from Anxiety. Kelly Wilson, PhD & Troy Defrene, 2010.
- The Anxiety & Phobia Workbook. Edmund Bourne, PhD, 2015 (6th Edition).
- Never Good Enough: How to Use Perfectionism to Your Advantage Without Letting it Ruin Your Life. Monica Ramirez Basco, PhD, 1999.
- Why is it Always About You? The Seven Deadly Sins of Narcissism. Sandy Hotchkiss, LCSW, 2003.
- Full Catastrophe Living: Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain and Illness. Jon Kabat-Zinn, PhD, 2005.
- Staring at the Sun: Overcoming the Terror of Death. Irvin Yalom, 2008.
- The Gift of Our Compulsions: A Revolutionary Approach to Self-Acceptance and Healing. Mary O’Malley, 2004.
- The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work. John Gottman and Nan Silver, 2000.
- Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End. Atul Gawande, 2015.
- The Body Keeps the Score. Bessel van der Kolk, 2015.
- Daughter Detox: Recovering from an Unloving Mother and Reclaiming Your Life. Peg Street, 2017.
- Medicare Resources for Mental Health Care
- Anxiety & Depression Association of America