Sometimes it’s nice to have a book or video to support the process of change. Here are some of our favorite resources. Check back as we’re adding to this list all the time.
- Attached: The New Science of Adult Attachment and How it Can Help you Find and Keep Love. Amir Levine, MD and Rachel Heller, MA, 2012.
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent and Lead. Brene Brown, PhD, LMSW, 2015.
- Buddha’s Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love and Wisdom. Rick Hanson, PhD with Richard Mendius, MD, 2009.
- Designing Your Life: How to Build a Well-Lived, Joyful Life. Bill Burnett & Dave Evans, 2016.
- Learned Optimism: How to Change Your Mind and Your Life. Martin Seligman, PhD, 2006.
- Authentic Happiness: Using the New Positive Psychology to Realize Your Potential for Lasting Fulfillment. Martin Seligman, PhD, 2002.
- Things Might Go Terribly, Horribly Wrong: A Guide to Life Liberated from Anxiety. Kelly Wilson, PhD & Troy Defrene, 2010.
- The Anxiety & Phobia Workbook. Edmund Bourne, PhD, 2015 (6th Edition).
- Never Good Enough: How to Use Perfectionism to Your Advantage Without Letting it Ruin Your Life. Monica Ramirez Basco, PhD, 1999.
- Why is it Always About You? The Seven Deadly Sins of Narcissism. Sandy Hotchkiss, LCSW, 2003.
- Full Catastrophe Living: Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain and Illness. Jon Kabat-Zinn, PhD, 2005.
- Staring at the Sun: Overcoming the Terror of Death. Irvin Yalom, 2008.
- The Gift of Our Compulsions: A Revolutionary Approach to Self-Acceptance and Healing. Mary O’Malley, 2004.
- The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work. John Gottman and Nan Silver, 2000.
- Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End. Atul Gawande, 2015.
- Daughter Detox: Recovering from an Unloving Mother and Reclaiming Your Life. Peg Street, 2017.
- Anxiety & Depression Association of America